|Need Help with Career Development or Job Search?
Job Search facilities are available at the following New Directions Centres:
South Reading Centre, 330 Northumberland Avenue, Reading, RG2 8DH
North Reading Centre, Archway Road, Caversham, Reading, RG4 8HX
New Directions at Reading Central Library, 2nd Floor, Abbey Square, Reading, RG1 3BQ
Reading Job Club
The Reading Job Club is aimed at anyone who is looking for a new job or change of career and takes place every Wednesday in our Central Reading Centre.
Self-Service Job Search Facilities
Check our free facilities to assist you in your Job Search:
• Computers for two hours a day (word-processing, Internet, e-mail and printing).
• Telephone, photocopying, stationery, envelopes and postage.
• JobCentrePlus Job Point (at South Reading Centre).
• Job Sections of local newspapers.
• Careers Resources (books not to be removed from the Centre
These facilities are free for people to use after they have completed an induction.
For a list of useful job search links follow the link here.
Job Search Resources
The National Careers Service is available free to every adult in England and has already helped millions of people improve their working lives. It provides information, careers and skills advice that's tailored to you. The National Careers Service offers careers and skills advice to fit your individual needs: Click on the following links for help with:
• CV Building
• Learning Record
• Funding Information
• Skills Health Check
• Career Planning
• Getting a job
• Courses & Learning
• Action Plans
Employment Services - Looking for a new job?
New Directions offers the National Careers Service providing free impartial face to face information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions
on learning, training and work opportunities.
This service is delivered by appointment (you need to give us 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend) at any of the three New Directions centres. This service is also delivered at outreach venues across Reading such as Children's Centres, Probation and Alana House Women's Centre.
We can help you:
- Find learning and training that is right for you
- Improve your reading, writing and maths
- Understand the local job market
- Find out about funding to support your learning
- Develop your CV and covering letters
- Complete job application forms effectively
- Progress in your current job
- Register with National Careers Service
- Self Employment
- Find out about the type of disability and childcare support available